Monday 18 January 2016

Food is Fun... Food is Life

I have come to learn lately that life is really too short not to experiment.  The need to step out of the box a little and out of my comfort zone is calling.  I guess that's what I'm doing right now. Sharing my love for food with you, along with a few extra tips and tricks as I grow and evolve.
I've been doing the sharing thing for a long time now.  As many of my work colleagues over the years who have benefited from my little experiments in the kitchen, can vouch for.  I've always loved creating food to share.  In fact, as a child, my task each week was to make biscuits and cakes for my brothers and I to have for our school lunches and afternoon teas.
I still have it when it comes to the 'not so healthy' treats, but more and more now I endeavor to create a healthier option for some of our favorites, and new appreciation for fuel for my body, in the form of real food.  Who'd have thought I could make a Raw Avocado and Chocolate cake for a 16th birthday cake....  And get away with them enjoying it without even knowing that what they were eating was actually good for them... My kids, now 18 and 20 are first port of call for some experiments, but most creations end up in the work place, with no complaints I must say.
So, from time to time, as I play in my kitchen, I would love to share my passion for food with you. Some will be Raw.... And some just healthy and tasty... Maybe even the occasional not so good for you, but too tasty to keep to myself...  I am just truly grateful to have this gift as my thing.

Enjoy ☺ Shaz

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to read more, Shaz! Looking forward to delicious treats to make in my own kitchen. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much to share...Thank you for your help and inspiration. It is all the little things in life that make a huge difference. Your kitchen will flourish <3

      Delete
  2. Well done! Looking forward to read your future blogs......& giving 'cooking' a go (not my favourite past time)☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni. Food really is fun. Perhaps we'll change the word 'cooking' to PLAY for you. We are all young at heart you know ;)

      Delete